Meeting in Review, February 12, 2020This week the Rotary Club of Washington, DC, welcomed guest speaker Amb. Tony Wayne, Former U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
President Lynn Holec opened the meeting at 12:30 pm.
President Lynn Holec led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Secretary Ken Brown announced visiting guests and Rotarians.
Sergeant-at-Arms Lisa Cohen announced birthdays and anniversaries.
This week’s announcements:
- Monica Smith held the Red Badge Ceremony for three new members.
- Nancy Riker gave a Dictionary Project Update. Volunteers are still needed to bring dictionaries to the remaining 13 schools!
- David Klaus gave a Foundation Fund Drive Update.
- Marilyn Nevy Cruz spoke about the Free Minds Writing Session and the upcoming career fair.
- President Lynn Holec spoke about the upcoming District Conference in May.
Erminia Scarcella introduced this week’s guest speaker, Amb. Tony Wayne, Former U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
An accomplished diplomat and executive, Ambassador Wayne has served in a wide variety of positions during his career, including as U.S. Ambassador to Mexico and Argentina, Deputy Ambassador in Afghanistan, Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Europe.
Ambassador Wayne is currently engaged in a variety of activities. These include working as a Public Policy Fellow and Co-Chair of the Mexico Institute’s Board at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Ambassador Wayne is a non-resident advisor/fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and the Atlantic Council.
President Lynn Holec adjourned the meeting promptly at 1:30 pm.